Street style is a fascination of mine – we see it every day on entertainment television, in magazines and on social media. What is classified as street style exactly? Any time a celebrity steps out of a building, or is travelling somewhere, whatever they are wearing is categorized as “street style”. Many stars rock the street style fashion, and Selena Gomez is one of those stars. So that is why I am showing you ten times Selena totally slayed street style:
1. Earth Toned Leather. Sel is a huge fan of leather, as we see the fabric incorporated in many of her street style looks. This pair of olive coloured leather pants are gorgeous and give that laid-back, casual vibe as she struts her stuff on the sidewalk. Her sleek black accessories compliment the overall white on olive palette she has going on here.
2. Fringe Away. Selena’s looks seem to combine chic with comfort while running errands, which are the best kinds of looks, right? The fringed cami brings the style and edge, while the over-sized cardi amps up the comfort side of her outfit. Not too shabby for darting around town!
3. Work meets play. Leave it to Selena to keep it casual while sporting a blazer and probably the cutest pair of nude pumps ever. Who says you can’t sport ripped jeans and some heels? That’s probably one of my favourite combos – combining the class with the edge. We also see this interesting combo on the top half of her look with the laid back tank underneath a crisp white blazer.
4. Cropped up. No shame in her game in cropping it up a notch – and how can you not love this interestingly patterned crop that Sel sported on another one of her walks on the sidewalk? It’s adorable. It remains to be the focal point, as the tan pants and black accessories act as neutrals overall. (Side note: I love the fact that she has stepped out with this handbag more than once…like a normal person – go Selena!)
5. Between the lines. Nothing to read between the lines here since we are seeing it all in this picture. I can only describe this look as ‘sleek’. Sleek back updo, sleek pattern, and overall sleek everything. While romping around LA, Selena dresses up here with a loud patterned top, neutral jeans and boots and of course, these adorable circle rimmed shades to keep that L.A. sun at bay.
6. Cozy and cute. Knits are our friends. Knit scarves, knit cardis, knit everything. They are comfy and cozy and perfect for a Saturday stroll. Sel goes for cozy on top, and really reels in the cute vibes with her long soft waves. Hands down the best part of this look is the cuffed ripped jeans paired with these to-die-for heeled boots. I want this look in my closet…
7. Black, black and more black. No one can rock an all black ensemble better than Selena herself. I think at this point, she pretty much owns it (much to the Kardashians’ dismay). She rocks it with style, a smile and such sweetness. This particular look is so simplistic that it is completely eye catching, and definitely one of my fave looks that Sel has worked.
8. Casual pops of colour. In this casual look, we see the dark on light denim, with a pop of red. This red bag is just the pop that this look needs, and Sel definitely knows it! I envy all of her handbags, and even more, I envy her wardrobe even more. This bag is beautiful and I am loving the ripped jean jacket…makes me want to rock that light denim myself…
9. Nothing like a good felt hat. Felt hats are my fave accessory. It’s not too common around campus, however in Selena’s world, it’s nothing but a casual fashion statement. Felt hats really work in all shades and colours, but this specific grey felt fedora with the thick maroon band. It compliments her black jacket and pumps really well!
10. Leather on leather. Who else can pull off leather on leather better than Selena Gomez herself? This is a look that I want to copy so badly. The leather crop, the leather pants – even the leopard print coat she is carting around. What a perfect look for the “Same Old Love” singer to wear to turn the big 2-3! Might have to play copy cat with this look…
Selena Gomez is one of my favourite artists and she is one that I not only look to for my music needs, but my fashion needs as well! The fashion statements that she makes are bold, attractive, and speak to me completely. So there are the ten times I feel Sel totally slayed street style. Casual to chic back to casual, Selena does it every time! I cannot wait to see her in concert.
Since I love Selena Gomez so much, I thought it would be worth it for my fellow “Selenators” to see where you can get a few pieces to recreate one of her street style looks. I chose her 23rd birthday look – leather on leather – just because I think she totally killed it.