Poncho in the Wind

When you have a full week off, you think of fun and crazy things to do, and one of those fun things is a random photo shoot on the back roads. My family loooves going for drives and in the Fall it is such a pretty scenery! So why not snap some outfit details against a beautiful Fall backdrop? I have to say, my sister is a champ…she puts up with so much with my outfit photo shoots, and she does such a spectacular job (love you Heather!!).

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

It was incredibly windy during the details shoot we did yesterday, and being my creative self, I thought it would be cool to throw leaves in the air for the shot…well, it sort of worked?

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

Details

Turtleneck: Old Navy (similar here) / Poncho: Winners (similar here) / Flats: Old Navy (similar here and here) / Bag: mark. by Avon (similar here and here)

Heading into the Fall season, I was on the hunt for an olive green poncho. Well this poncho is even better! It has just enough detail in the knit pattern that it becomes the focus of the look, yet it is now overshadowing of any other piece in the outfit! Plus, it kept me very warm on this windy, chilly day. Accenting with leopard print is always a good idea, and with earthy tones especially! This doctor’s bag is from mark. by Avon (a few years ago) and it is just lovely. It is great quality, cute and very functional!

It is starting to look like we will be getting colder and colder weather from this point on, which is awesome for all of my sweaters because they will be worn A LOT more often! I have a bit of an addiction to buying sweaters (especially sweaters from J.Crew)…

Enjoy and have a nice day!

P.S.

This little horse came right up to my sister and I when we were taking shots and wanted to be in the shot…so we let him! What a nice, little surprise!

Poncho in the Wind - Pearls and Polkadots

19 Comments

1. Karen Reifenstein
    October 14, 2015 / 2:58 pm

Love the Fall shots, Samantha!

2. October 14, 2015 / 8:07 pm

What a wonderful photo shoot. Love the Old Navy jeans too. Was just talking about them this morning. The fall background really adds to the pictures.

Brooke

• October 16, 2015 / 1:43 pm

Thanks Brooke! Old Navy is my favourite…I have an addiction to that store, seriously!

3. October 14, 2015 / 8:09 pm

Such cute poncho!! I love your photos. Keeping it real with the poncho flying up hahah

• October 16, 2015 / 1:44 pm

Well, I tried something but didn’t think the wind was blowing that way… needless to say, I had my whole family in stitches laughing haha

Thanks for the comment!

4. October 14, 2015 / 9:32 pm

Another cute outfit! I really like the color of your poncho, you can mix it with so many things. I wish we got the fall scenery here in Texas. Our trees go from green to brown to bare. Ugh.

• October 16, 2015 / 1:44 pm

Grey is a great colour! Thanks Kristy 🙂

Awe, well you should trip up to Canada some time 😛 You won’t be disappointed!!

5. October 14, 2015 / 10:00 pm

These pictures are adorable and I love your backdrop!! I love ponchos this season and I’m SO happy they’re back in style. I love the way you styled this one, as always!!
    xoxo Adriana – Daily Dose of Design

• October 16, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Thanks Adriana 🙂 Always love your comments … and your posts! You have been killing it this past month, I read every morning 🙂

6. October 15, 2015 / 12:59 am

Love the pictures! You got some great outdoor shots. The poncho looks great on you. I’ve always wanted to try one, but I don’t know if I can pull it off! They always look so cozy!

• October 16, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Thanks Kelly!! Ponchos are so fun and easy to wear!! You should definitely try it sometime!!

7. October 15, 2015 / 1:51 am

This poncho looks so comfy! Perfect for the fall time too! I love how beautiful the leaves are turning where you live! The temps are still in the upper 80’s around here in the mid-west 🙁

• October 16, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Awe…well you should visit Canada, you will not be disappointed!! Hehe…thanks for the comment!!

8. Cindy Calzone
    October 15, 2015 / 6:12 am

Your pics are cute! Love the horse! Very cute outfit, great for chilly fall weather!

• October 16, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Thanks Cindy! The horse was adorable…just came right up to me!!

9. October 15, 2015 / 2:02 pm

Ha ha,, yep your sister does an awesome job! I love love the natural Fall background…so much beauty! And that poncho totally rocks! I have been eyeing some myself!

• October 16, 2015 / 1:47 pm

Thanks Zan – I will pass on the compliment to her! Natural Fall backgrounds are perfect for fashion shots, in my opinion!!