CLASSIC IN BLACK

The leaves are changing colour right now and I am so grateful because it makes an AMAZING backdrop to some fun new Fall looks! As Fall break continues, it is really hard to focus on my studies – especially when the weather is so great…not to mention cable TV (I don’t have cable at school…)

Classic in Black - Pearls and Polkadots

Classic in Black - Pearls and Polkadots

Classic in Black - Pearls and Polkadots

Classic in Black - Pearls and Polkadots

Classic in Black - Pearls and Polkadots

Classic in Black - Pearls and Polkadots

The little black dress is essential to have in your closet. Even though this is a rather short and summery LBD, the Fall season is not a good enough reason to put this little number into hibernation for the cold season. I try and transition all of my summer dresses as best as I can. Cardigans can be super tricky – the arms are too tight, or the body is too short…well I bring to you the worry-free “Clare Cardigan” by J.Crew (which is my new best friend). It is a great fit and comes in, like, every colour. Pearls are classic in every way and have been around forever. From Audrey Hepburn, to Jackie O, to Kate Middleton, pearls have been worn with class and true style. I adore the colour cognac and even more, I adore these boots. They are probably my favourite pair of boots this Fall season and I never get tired of rocking them with tights, dresses, skirts or pants!

This was a truly “pinspired” look because as I have seen it all over Pinterest. I have definitely put my own spin on it and made it my own (with the pearls, of course!). The pearls, the LBD, the heeled boots…all ingredients for a perfect outfit! I will never get tired of dressing up!

Cheers!

21 Comments

1. October 15, 2015 / 2:34 pm

This is an amazing outfit! All my dresses are black – I could really benefit from those multi-strand pearls! Happy thanksgiving from a fellow Canadian 🙂

Alessandra | The PumpUp Blog

• October 16, 2015 / 1:39 pm

I love meeting fellow Canadians in the blogging community! Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

Thanks for the lovely comment!

2. October 15, 2015 / 3:43 pm

Such a cute outfit! I must say, I’m not that good at transitioning my Summer wardrobe to the cooler climate, I tend to grab as many jumpers and comfortable, cozy clothes as possible as soon as it gets a little chilly! It’s like my body panics haha and I MUST be warm!

• October 16, 2015 / 1:40 pm

Yes, I totally understand!! My go-to outfit is a comfy sweater, jeans and a pair of boots! Maybe a scarf!

3. October 15, 2015 / 5:10 pm

Very cool outfit!! Very nice photos!!

4. October 15, 2015 / 6:55 pm

That’s a beautiful outfit. Those pearls complete the look.

5. October 15, 2015 / 9:07 pm

LOVE your outfit! The fall backdrop is gorgeous too. Fall clothes are my favorite 🙂 I also adore your Kate Spade bag. We are obsessed with Kate Spade! You’re blog is great- will be following!

• October 16, 2015 / 1:41 pm

Thanks Karen 🙂 I love Kate Spade too…I am so obsessed with her!

6. October 15, 2015 / 9:39 pm

love a good cardi. Thanks for the tip! Those boots and pearls are so cute. And I’m jealous of all those colorful leaves! What a beautiful backdrop.

• October 16, 2015 / 1:42 pm

I am pretty fortunate to live near the best photo spot ever haha thanks!!

7. October 16, 2015 / 4:47 am

I love J Crew Factory store too! They have the best deals and I always seem to find something? In love with your bag too!

• October 16, 2015 / 1:42 pm

People say J.Crew Factory isn’t a deal and that the prices aren’t lower…but I find they have way more sales than J.Crew so I am a fan!

8. October 16, 2015 / 12:01 pm

What a great fall outfit, love the handbag especially! I like how you accessorized with pearls – cute!

9. October 16, 2015 / 3:15 pm

You look gorgeous I love the classic look of this and pearls are so gorgeous with a black dress! I loved how you paired it with brown boots! Lovely for fall and I love that bag!!!

Jasmine 🙂
    colorubold.com

10. October 17, 2015 / 3:53 am

Oooo! Those pearls are fabulous, and those boot, and that purse! I just love your whole outfit, and the leaves are a great background, I usually hate when people clean up the leaves while they are so beautiful and colorful on the ground, can’t we all just wait till they turn brown please! lol Great post!