Blogging is my true passion. I love being able to put my thoughts into a post, share it with the world and see how people react. Unlike social media where you might have the uncertainty if the post would be viewed by enough people, blogging websites can be optimized by an SEO expert (you can find SEO experts in your area by searching for seo near me on the internet) in order to ensure that the post gets maximum visibility and the blog page ranks higher in search results. Although my niche is fashion and style, this world has opened me up to a world of bloggers who I have very high respect for. I have learned how to bake delicious treats, decorate my bedroom, and how to reflect upon my own personal goals. I have also come to realize just how important a good internet connection is and after a little while looking at things like spectrum internet prices I finally found a high-speed network to help me research and post blogs more efficiently!
My favourite part about the blogging community is that we support, love and help each other get further in our blogging careers, and without one another, we wouldn’t get too far! Which is why I am such a believer in the Liebster Award and I am happy to announce that I have been nominated twice – first by Tanya from Tanya’s 101 and then again by Sammy from Bargain Baglady!
What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster award is an award given by a fellow blogger, to an upcoming blogger. It acts as a ‘good job’ specifically to those who are building their follow list. If a blogger has less than 1000 followers and are doing a great job, they qualify for the award. The blogger who nominates, sends along some questions for the blogger they are nominating! That nominee will add eleven facts about themselves and then keeps the cycle going by nominating other bloggers! It’s a giant cycle, all to recognize new and upcoming bloggers! (Just a heads up…this is going to be a long post!)
Tanya asked me 11 questions…
1. What do you want to achieve by blogging? When I began to blog, all I wanted was to publish what I was passionate about. However, as I have discovered the blogging community and how large the support network is, I have been encouraged to keep going forward. I have learned to set goals, which has pushed me to find a direction. I want to keep writing for happiness and follow the path it leads me on!
2. Which blogging achievement are you proud of most? I was really excited when my page views surpassed 50,000. Over the past nine months, I have watched my stats fluctuate up and down, growing from just 12 views per day, to 1,500 per day! That is a major accomplishment for my blog and myself.
3. What does your perfect day look like? My perfect day includes sitting on my back patio, book in hand, iced coffee in stationed beside me, the sun shining down and not worrying about anything – just reading.
4. How do you describe home? Simple answer. Home is where my family is.
5. If you could have any super power, what would it be? I never know how to answer this question. There are so many potential powers…but I think teleporting would be really cool (and it would give me more time to sleep in the morning).
6. Write down the lyrics of a song which describes you today. The lyrics don’t really describe me today, necessarily. But the song “Cool for the Summer” by Demi Lovato was on constant repeat today.
7. What’s your favourite book of all time? Why? My favourite books are written by Emily Giffin. I absolutely adore her and my all time favourite book is “Something Borrowed” – before the movie (although the movie is amazing, too).
8. If you could make the travel of your dreams, where would you go? Walt Disney World. The answer is always Walt Disney World.
9. Name five goals you want to have achieved one year from now. 1) Catalog my entire closet 2) 5000+ followers 3) Sponsored posts 4) Graduate from university 5) Regular posting routine (blogging)
10. What is your most important life lesson so far? I don’t rank my life lessons by importance, simply because everything I learn each day is important to me and I always keep in the back of my mind!
11. Which dream are you planning on achieving? I plan on achieving my dream of being a teacher.
Sammy asked me a few more…
1. If you could have a 1-hour chat with any celebrity (dead or alive), who would it be and what’s the main topic of conversation? This is always a head scratcher question for me…I guess I would have to go with Ellen Degeneres. I absolutely love her, never miss her show and think she is so interesting.
2. How did you discover the theme of your blog? What inspired you? Blogging kind of fell into my lap. I didn’t really intend on starting a blog…I just posted pictures of what I wore to my personal Instagram account and then figured I would create a separate account for my clothing…just because. One thing lead to another and I found myself blogging every day!
3. What is your favourite food? Anyone who knows me, knows that I am in love with BLT sandwiches…and always will be.
4. How do you feel about winning the Liebster award? Incredibly excited! Being nominated twice is such an honour and makes me feel that I truly am reaching people. In less than a year, I have gained over 1000 people who follow me and that pushes me to write more. I am so incredibly appreciative of this community I have been welcomed into and have truly found my passion for writing.
5. What’s the next big plan for your life? Well, I really want to finish up school this year, and then work towards purchasing my first home. I am set on owning a house by the time I am thirty. I’ve got just under ten years…so I feel like I could certainly accomplish that!
Random Facts About Me…
- My favourite lunch hour pastime is to read and eat fries from Wendy’s in my favourite place in the city.
- I design house plans for fun in my spare time (that I plan to use when I own my own house).
- I’d rather be cold than hot.
And now, I nominate…
Adriana from Daily Dose of Design
David from The Daily Dayne
Jasmine from Colour U Bold
Alex from Auburn Pride
All of you have amazing content that I always enjoy reading, which is why I am challenging you to answer the following eight questions and then nominate three other new bloggers with under 1000 followers. Write a post about your Liebster Award, answer these questions below and then thank the blogger who nominated you! Bloggers support bloggers, so let’s pass this award around to recognize all of who put their heart and soul every day, week and month of the year!
- What inspired you to blog? Why did you begin to blog?
- Where is your favourite place to blog?
- What is the biggest achievement to date in your blogging career?
- What is a key part of your morning routine?
- Favourite movie of all time?
- Are you a spur of the moment, think on the spot blogger or do you plan everything out ahead of time?
- Dog or cat person?
- What will your life look like one year from now?
Have fun everyone! I hope that these questions aren’t too hard and you can answer them – I look forward to reading your posts!