Make a Statement: Round Two

Banner_FINAL

Statement necklaces have become a staple in my wardrobe, and I find it so exciting and pleasing to pick up a new piece of jewelry that I can coordinate with so many outfits. I have a few tips that I have picked up along the way which have made it a lot easier to look at a wall of necklaces and choose the best one (in my opinion…). If you’re wanting to find the best ones (in your opinion) you can have a look around at jewelry stores both offline and online, such as on sites like Owen & Robinson Jewellers for instance.

When I first started out as a blogger, I wrote a post on statement necklaces. However, I had just begun accessorizing with different types of pieces, and well, finding what I felt looked best. I wouldn’t say that my style has changed in the six months I have been blogging, but I have definitely found ways to make it easier for me when I go accessory shopping and I know what I am looking for!

The brighter the better! There is nothing better than a bright statement necklace to make your outfit pop! When I first began to accessorize with statement necklaces, I was a little shy with them – I bought softer colours that blended in and didn’t really stand out at all. They were more “complimentary” necklaces, than “statement” necklaces! However, as the spring season rolled in, I expanded with my bright taste and started to wear more colours that popped!!

Don’t shy away from those flashy pieces! Jewelry is not just for special occasions!! This is probably the most common misconception when it comes to accessorizing! Sure, you should accessorize when you are going somewhere fancy, or even going out for a night on the town. But who says you can’t wear a flashy piece while studying for finals at the library? Well, I say you can!! And should.

Change up the length! One of the common trends right now: big, bold, and short in length. While those are great and certainly make a statement, you also have to make sure you are switching it up and add a lengthy piece to your collection. I typically wear longer pieces when I am trying to create a taller look. Don’t get me wrong…I love the cute little neck length pieces, but you have to switch it up (you don’t want the same necklace in every look you style…). Keep it fresh with new pieces!!

Jewelry is a mysterious area of fashion and I’m sure everyone will have their own opinion on what looks good or what doesn’t look good or even what they feel comfortable wearing! The most important thing to take away from this post, is this: Where what you love. If you love a rainbow coloured, spiky piece…WEAR IT! Not everybody is going to love what you are wearing every single time, and I have definitely made some fashion forward moves that not everyone I know liked…but who cares when you feel beautiful in it?

Here are a few of my statement pieces that I have collected in the last year. I love them. I wear them. I am addicted to statement jewelry!!

DSC00294

DSC00266aa

1557364_887715271289968_7804893638246584260_oa

Before I go, I want to let you in on one last, little detail…to make your accessorizing easier, I have brought the necklaces to you!! Below, I have linked some of my favourite necklaces that are on the market right now, and some of them are on sale!! These are the best and brightest pieces a girl could ask for, so make sure you check em’ out below!

Let me know how you feel about statement jewelry in the comments below and what your most favourite style is to rock!

Signiture

29 Comments

1. July 7, 2015 / 12:16 pm

I worked at Charming Charlies and I loved unwrapping statement pieces when we got new shipment. They can complete any random outfit! Love the ones you picked out especially in the Kate Spade collection.

• July 7, 2015 / 12:52 pm

Thanks Shelby! Oh man that would be my dream!! If only I could own all of those Kate Spade pieces….I would be in heaven!!

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

2. July 7, 2015 / 12:30 pm

Ahhh I love this post! Statement necklaces are my favorite and I am trying to expand my accessories in that department!

• July 7, 2015 / 12:53 pm

I’m still trying to expand my accessory closet!! I need a great way to store my jewelry too (the jewelry boxes are getting a tad full)
      Thanks for stopping by!

3. July 7, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Ooh these are great! I’ve ben wanting to experiment with statement pieces but didn’t really know where to start. This post was right on time!

• July 8, 2015 / 12:44 am

I’m so glad I could help you out Danielle!! It’s such a mysterious area of fashion and a lot of women don’t know where to start…so you are definitely not alone!!

4. July 7, 2015 / 1:57 pm

I love statement necklaces but definitely not spending more than $20 on an item lol These are all cute though.

• July 8, 2015 / 12:43 am

It really is hard to spend more than 15-20$ on it, which is why if you are going to spend a lot of money, it better be a damn good pieces!! H&M is great for getting good statement necklaces for a great price!

5. July 7, 2015 / 5:27 pm

Great advice! I love the idea of statement necklaces but then I get a little too scared to wear them lol. Or I find one that goes well with one specific outfit and only ever wear it with that. I need to develop more fashion sense haha!

• July 8, 2015 / 12:42 am

Thanks for the comment Becky!! I totally know what you mean!! I used to be so shy with statement necklaces but I have pushed myself to wear them and now I love them!!

6. July 7, 2015 / 6:29 pm

I love this! Statement necklaces are the best. Good selection as well!

• July 8, 2015 / 12:40 am

Thanks Jenna 🙂 They are seriously one of my favourite types of jewelry!!

7. July 7, 2015 / 8:11 pm

I love statement necklaces and have a few in my closet. BUT, for some reason when it comes to putting them on, I shy away. It sounds stupid, but I don’t know why!! They are so pretty and I’m always complimenting people when I see ones that I like.

• July 8, 2015 / 12:40 am

Dana, I completely understand what you’re talking about because THAT WAS ME!! However, I have really warmed up to them now 🙂

8. July 7, 2015 / 8:41 pm

I love that last necklace you have pictured the most. So cute! I really like statement necklaces, but can only wear them when I go out…otherwise the kids pull on them 😉 Mom problems.

• July 8, 2015 / 12:38 am

Oh that makes total sense (can you tell I don’t have children!!) I’m sure in the future, when I have kids, I will be the same 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!!

9. July 8, 2015 / 12:10 am

These are SO cute! I’m super into the stacked look lately. I also love that gold has come back as hard as it has! Good stuff. 🙂

• July 8, 2015 / 12:38 am

Thanks for the comment Amanda!! I know – I really love it when jewelry has the gold hardware instead of silver…it’s more flashy 🙂

10. CourtneyLynne
    July 8, 2015 / 1:42 am

Omg what beautiful necklaces! I just love statement pieces!!! So pretty!

• July 8, 2015 / 3:34 am

Thank you Courtney Lynne 🙂 I appreciate you stopping by!!

11. July 8, 2015 / 2:57 am

I love love love the different pieces you showcased here! I’ve always been afraid of statement necklaces; but I just bought my first one a while back and LOVE it! Where do you find all of yours?!

• July 8, 2015 / 3:35 am

I have linked some in my post, but I mainly get my pieces from smaller stores. I like to keep the cost down when it comes to jewelry 🙂 So H&M is a great place, or even just the little boutiques you find at your local mall 🙂

Hint: you can also find really old antique jewelry statement pieces if you poke around thrift shops (best and most authentic pieces are found there!!)

12. July 9, 2015 / 3:00 am

What I love about this post is how sincere you are about statement necklaces. I just scrolled through your Instagram feed which featured all of the necklaces above, most for multiple outfits. Too often I see fashion bloggers showcase a piece once and then never use it again. That’s great if you’re rich, or if you inherited tons of jewelry, or you work in a jewelry store, but not so helpful for the rest of us trying to buy versatile pieces! I just followed you on Instagram and can’t wait to see more fun outfits.

• July 9, 2015 / 4:16 am

Thanks for commenting Brita Long!! I am just your regular gal, and don’t have a ton of money to be dropping on uber-expensive pieces…so I totally understand what you are saying!! Plus, there is NOTHING wrong with “re-wearing” a piece…that’s what makes it so much fun, is to coordinate with different pieces of clothing!!

I’m so happy you checked my blog out and can’t wait to hear more feedback from you in the future 🙂

13. July 12, 2015 / 9:13 pm

I wouldn’t usually wear big necklaces but I love the first blue one! So many beautiful pieces in this post! Thanks for joining the Link-It To Me Link Party, I hope you will party with us again next week! Pinning 🙂

• July 14, 2015 / 12:21 am

Thanks Chantal 🙂 I am so glad to have found your link-up party!! Can’t wait to tune in this week!

14. July 13, 2015 / 10:44 pm

Love this post girl! Statement necklaces are my favorite, I love buying from Bauble Bar and Kate Spade! New York & Co also sometimes has some really nice ones! Thanks for joining the Link-It To Me Link Party, I hope you will party with us again next week!
    xo Adriana
    Daily Dose of Design

• July 14, 2015 / 12:17 am

Thanks lovely 🙂 I have never bought anything from Bauble Bar!! I’ll have to check them out… I am definitely going to!!